UAF to Present at the AFS Fall ConferenceTuesday, September 12th, 2017
President of Universal Air Filter, Dan Krupp, will give a presentation on Wednesday September 20 at the American Filtration and Separations Society in St. Louis, MO. Dan will be discussing Air Filters in Data Center Applications and it will be a great opportunity to network and broaden your knowledge of new applications for filtration and separations technologies. All electronic devices and circuitry generate excess heat and thus require thermal management to improve reliability and prevent premature failure. Similarly, today’s leading-edge enterprise and communications service provider networks demand clean cooling air and environments for infrastructure to operate at peak performance. Dan will cover a broad range of equipment protection and preventative maintenance including:
- How OEM designers are specifying custom air filters and EMI shielding products to protect sophisticated electronics and other commercial equipment.
- How network operators are avoiding downtime, reducing repair costs, and extending equipment life through preventative maintenance.
- Design and application knowledge necessary to satisfy electronics cooling requirements of increasingly powerful and complex equipment.
- The necessity for engineering design support and quick-turn, custom prototypes for design success as engineers operate under ambitious product development cycles.
- The need for filter engineering to address the challenges of thermal management, dust contamination, airflow control, fire safety, EMI shielding, and size limitations in crowded electronic enclosures.
- Satisfying the most stringent end-market certification standards and performance criteria.
- The critical importance of OEM approved sources for replacement air filters in carrier grade telecommunications and networking applications.
- The importance of cost, ease of ordering, and shorter fulfillment in driving direct purchases for air filter manufacturers.