UAF to Present at the AFS Fall Conference
President of Universal Air Filter, Dan Krupp, will give a presentation on Wednesday September 20 at the American Filtration and Separations Society in St. Louis, MO. Dan will be discussing Air Filters in Data Center Applications and it will be a great opportunity to network and broaden your knowledge of new applications for filtration and separations technologies. All electronic devices and circuitry generate excess heat and thus require thermal management to improve reliability and prevent premature failure. Similarly, today’s leading-edge enterprise and communications service provider networks demand clean cooling air and environments for infrastructure to operate at peak performance. Dan will cover a broad range of equipment protection and preventative maintenance including:
- How OEM designers are specifying custom air filters and EMI shielding products to protect sophisticated electronics and other commercial equipment.
- How network operators are avoiding downtime, reducing repair costs, and extending equipment life through preventative maintenance.
The talk will include presentations of OEM electronics air filter design solutions as well as sourcing discussions on prevention of equipment failure / network downtime, energy efficiency improvements, and cost savings opportunities. Other technical information will be provided for equipment maintenance, UL flame safety, and NEBS (Network Equipment Building Systems) requirements for telco networks and data center facilities. Dan will also cover shelf-level applications for servers, switches, and storage as well as rack-level/room-level in-row and mobile cooling units, computer room air conditioning (CRAC) units and building HVAC applications. Other topics for discussion include:
- Design and application knowledge necessary to satisfy electronics cooling requirements of increasingly powerful and complex equipment.
- The necessity for engineering design support and quick-turn, custom prototypes for design success as engineers operate under ambitious product development cycles.
- The need for filter engineering to address the challenges of thermal management, dust contamination, airflow control, fire safety, EMI shielding, and size limitations in crowded electronic enclosures.
- Satisfying the most stringent end-market certification standards and performance criteria.
- The critical importance of OEM approved sources for replacement air filters in carrier grade telecommunications and networking applications.
- The importance of cost, ease of ordering, and shorter fulfillment in driving direct purchases for air filter manufacturers.
Please attend the American Filtration and Separations Society Conference on Wednesday September 20 at the Marriott St. Louis Airport and join Dan for his talk from 8:30 – 9:10 AM. UAF and Filtration Group Established in 1959 and headquartered in Sauget, IL, Universal Air Filter operates within the Environmental Air division of Filtration Group. The fastest growing filtration company in the world, Filtration Group is passionate about cleaning air, reducing carbon emissions, increasing energy efficiency and keeping food, water and medical procedures safe through its wide range of filtration solutions. Delivering outstanding customer value to industry leaders across the globe, Filtration Group operates facilities in 20 countries under four operating divisions: Life Sciences, Process Technologies, Fluid and Environmental Air & Distribution. Filtration Group provides solutions to customers in the food & beverage; water, micro-electronics & telecommunications; environmental air; medical, pharma & bioscience; hydraulic fluid; mining & minerals; industrial finishing and energy industries.