Commitment to Natural Resources
UAF is committed to operating its businesses throughout the world in a manner that meets or exceeds applicable environmental laws and is protective of the environment and public health. We are aware of the importance of natural resources to the quality of human life and will strive to continuously improve the management of our environmental responsibilities.
Environmental Management System
Our Environmental Management System is fully applicable to all global UAF facilities / locations. EMS is designed to reduce impact on the environment through commitment to continuous improvement in the following areas:
• Execute bi-annual audits for all vendors to verify compliance to newly EU released RoHS, WEEE, REACH, and conflict minerals.
• Ensure all product components are non-toxic.
• Work with vendors to reduce their impact on the environment.
• Product End-of-Life – In accordance with Telcordia NEBS GR-63-Core requirement O4-27, verify all products utilize recyclable materials.
• Ensure all product component materials can be separated for recycling and repurposing.
• UAF fleet vehicles are 100% electric plug-in hybrid for zero VOC emissions
• Ensure paper products used originate from forests independently certified as well-managed according to the standards of the Forest Stewardship Council, or from recycled materials. All paper products are environmentally friendly throughout the company.
• Universal Air Filter is passionate about diverting electronic materials from landfills. Our partnership with RNA Worldwide (EPA ID: MOR000541193) will promote an environmentally friendly initiative and serve as a key element of a sustainable waste management program. Upon submission of electronic items, all data containing devices (hard drives, etc) are purged of data per NIST Guidelines for Media Sanitization. All electronic items are de-manufactured, separated by component, and recycled appropriately and responsibly. (REF: RNA Worldwide Statement of Sustainability.)